Working fast with KDevelop?

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 08:57:27 BST 2001

Ken Schrock wrote:

> And am costantly frustrated by a general lack of consistant key shortcuts in Linux.
KDE tries to set a standard which is almost similar to Win32 (e.g.
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+F, Ctrl+G, Ctrl+A, ....)

> Many apps don't support Ctrl+Home or Ctrl+End
> Some apps don't even support PageUp and PageDown
supported in the whole KDE and Qt.
> "Felix E. Klee" wrote:
>
> > I wonder whether it is possible to work fast, ie. without a mouse, with
> > KDevelop. So far I was unable to find shortcuts for the following
> > frequently used functions:
> > 1. Switching between windows (ctrl-x-b in EMACS, ctrl-tab in MSVC++).
ALT+Tab between toplevel windows, ALT+PgUp or ALT+PgDown for attached
views in KDevelop

> > 2. Switching to a certain window (ctrl-x-b + the first letters of the
> >    file name + tab + enter in EMACS).
> > 3. Splitting the screen (ctrl-x 2 or ctrl-x 3 in EMACS).
> > 4. Incremental search (ctrl-s in EMACS, ctrl-i in MSVC++).
Ctrl+F in a file, F2 for global search in the project

> > 5. Autoindent (tab in EMACS).
Options->Editor->AutoIndent

> > 6. Scrolling up and down without moving the cursor (ctrl-up or ctrl-down
Works in KDevelop as well.

You can reconfigure the shortkeys to your favourite bindings in
Options->KDevelopSetup->Keys

> > or do I have to wait for a new version of
> > KDevelop
at least it works in 2.0

> > if I don't want to waste my time grabbing the mouse?
mouse is easier to learn (3 buttons vs. 104 buttons of the keyboard ;)

Ciao,
F at lk