Problem with setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

William DeVore radiance at mediaone.net
Thu Sep 28 04:01:25 BST 2000

I have created a dynamically loading library called "libplane" that has
been linked with a core library called "libtacore.so.1" using the
"-ltacore" option. So far not a problem.

This is how library path variable is set.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mypath/libtacore/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

When I run my app from the command line the environment variable
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH" is correctly seen and used to find the (so) library
"libtacore.so.1".

However, when I try to run it from kdevelop the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not
set correctly. I know because I use "getenv("LD_LIBRARY_PATH")" to show
what is set to as follows: /opt/kde/lib:/opt/kde2/lib. It is missing my
path information.

My question is this. How do I get kdevelop to pick up the exported
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks.