compile error

William DeVore radiance at mediaone.net
Thu Sep 28 03:47:36 BST 2000

Erik Hjelmås wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im a newbie with KDevelop, but Im working on my first project (a C++
> project), and I get the following error when compiling:
>
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/erik/facedetect/facedetect'
>  -c main.c
> /bin/sh: -Wp,-MD,.deps/main.pp: No such file or directory
> gmake[1]: *** [main.o] Error 127
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/facedetect/facedetect'
> gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> *** failed ***
>
> Kdevelop obviously tries something wrong, issues the wrong command or
> something in that fashion, where can I start fixing this?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> any help greatly appreciated.
>
> cheers,
>
> Erik
>
> ****************************
> Erik Hjelmås   http://www.hig.no/~erikh    erikh at hig.no

The Makefile apparently still thinks there is a dependency on the
main.cpp file or there is a typo. The makefile should have something
like ".dep/main.p". The extra p is weird.

You must have removed the main.cpp file from you project. What I do is
go through the makefile.* files and try and sync with what the project
still has defined. If you removed a file then you may have to manually
remove the ".dep" stuff from the make file.

I run into this when I try to move/remove files from the project.

I hope I helped some. It is difficult what I am trying to described
because I usually mess around until it stops complaining.