KDevelop 1 build (and building KDE1 apps under KDE2)

John Birch John.Birch at xtra.co.nz
Tue Sep 26 20:40:36 BST 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, John Birch wrote:
> > On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> > > On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, John Birch wrote:
> > > Yup,
> > > 	env states KDEDIR is /opt/kde2/
> > > 	and ./configure looks in /usr/include/kde
> > > 	every time.
> >
> > that's why the kdevelop1 script overrides these values. You don't want
> > them pointing to kde2 when you're running kdevelop 1.2.
>
> 	no that is the problem.
> 	i have kde2 in /opt/kde2
> 	i want to build a KDE 2 application but it fails saying it cannot
> 	find my KDE headers.

Okay - this is the opposite problem to the original posting - namely building
kde1 apps while running kdevelop1.2 on kde2.

To make a kde2 app while running kdevelop1.2 on kde2, use this script
************cut***************
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/kde-qt1/lib:/opt/qt-1.44/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH \
     /opt/kde-qt1/bin/kdevelop
and make sure you set the kde2 paths in Options/Kdevelop setup/Path.

> 	no matter what KDEDIR is it will ALWAYS look in /usr/include
> 	this is a problem with KDevelop because KDE 2 will build perfectly
> 	and Kapptemplate works without a hitch.
>
> 	no-one seems to be running into this problem but me though,
> 	and I have it on every PPC system i am installing KDE 2 on.
Hmm, I don't have this problem. Do you want to try contacting me directly to
see if we can sort it out together :-)

jbb