linking .o files ion Kdevelop

Danny Nedelko dan at genuinemedia.com
Tue May 30 20:07:45 BST 2000

Hi,

Here's for hoping  that someone might be able to help me out. I've been
wrestling with my linking problems for a bit. In a nutshell, here's the
problem.

I have a project...which compiles just fine.
I have an object file
I need to link the object to the main project on execution
Should I:

a) modify the makefile.am ?? if so, can anyone point me to, or give
instructions to me on how to add these entries (the automake manual is
somewhat vague)

b) edit some option from within KDevelop to add the linking of the
object file. Again, some clarification would be helpful.

c) create a static library (which i have done). When I do this I get "no
rule to make libquadratic". At what point do I add my rules? into
makefile.am and re-run automake? again...if anyone has experience with
this, I would appreciate some help.

Sincerely,

Dan Nedelko