Several questions about 1.2

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed May 17 15:14:16 BST 2000

Hello, and thanks for reply.
At 20:51 16/05/00 +0200, you wrote:
>What type of KDevelop project do you use?
Terminal C++.

>What is your KDevelop version?
1.2 (see above in Subject

> > 1. After project creation and filling, the build process failed on final
> > executable module creation. Searching in make files showed that there is
> > the following definition (ftdr is my target):
> > ftdr: $(ftdr_OBJECTS) $(ftdr_DEPENDENCIES)
> >         @rm -f ftdr
> >         $(LINK) $(ftdr_LDFLAGS) $(ftdr_OBJECTS) $(ftdr_LDADD) $(LIBS)
> > while this is the only place in all make files where the "LINK" is
> > mentioned. The problem was solved when I added LINK=ld into the
> > Makefile.am.
>./configure should find what LINK is. I bet you got problems during
>./configure (at the line where it tries to detect the linker)
My case is simple - it doesn't try to detect it because it uses gcc for
linking, leaving LINK variable empty.
Can you give me any hint where to look for the problem why it uses gcc
instead of trying to use ld by itself?
I worked this around by defining LINK=ld in Makefile.am.

> > 2. I wanted to add some more "sophisticated" division of my 70 files n
> > the LFV view, then by their extensions and tried to use such expressions
> > for filters as abc*.c and others. The kdevelop didn't pay any attention
> > to this - simply ignored.
>Got no volunteer for that real nice feature. :-(
I am not so skilled in such kind of programming, but if I new which files
to look in, may be I shall try...

> > 3. As I was able to understand, each additional parameter, which was
> > added in the (Project Options->Compiler Options) or (Project
> > Options->Linker Options->Additional options or additional libraries) is
> > immediately added to the autoconf...configure... story. This leads to
> > the very strange and undesirable effects in the configure process,
> > which, for example, tries to run test program to test compiler
> > functionality with all this stuff. This is especially harmful for the
> > link options, because ld options are not understood by gcc.
>That's too few information to help you.
To reproduce the simples situation - in linker additional options add: '-T
abcd.lnk' (which means to use linker command file abcd.lnk). I receive
error message and the build process breaks

Dr. Leon M.Pollak
Director
PLR Information Systems Ltd.
E-mail: leonp at plris.com