KDevelop on FreeBSD

Will Andrews andrews at technologist.com
Mon May 8 05:32:14 BST 2000

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 08:29:08AM +0700, Trisnadi Sutrisno wrote:
> I downloaded the KDK 1.1 and KDevelop 1.1, and tried to compile it on my
> FreeBSD. In short, the compile failed for KDK 1.1 and the make file is
> failed for KDevelop 1.1. Simple question, are the KDK and KDevelop will
> not work on FreeBSD, or there's something I must tweak in either my
> FreeBSD system or the KDK/KDevelop source code to make them works?

Please use the kdevelop port available from FreeBSD's ports collection (see
http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/). A KDK port will be available in the near
future, depending on whether I get enough information about it and the time
to do it.  ;-)

Packages for FreeBSD are available from ftp.FreeBSD.org. You can use
``pkg_add -r kdevelop'' to add the latest kdevelop as well as its
dependencies. The only way to add the "extra dependencies" (i.e. things not
required to run kdevelop) is to use the port.

I am sorry that I do not have time to update the kdevelop port to 1.2 right
now. So for the next 2 weeks it will remain at 1.1. ;-(

--
Will Andrews <andrews at technologist.com>