Bug report: CTRL-arrow movement in non-C/C++ file plus PS2 debugging

mogul-kdevelop at gelatinous.com mogul-kdevelop at gelatinous.com
Fri May 5 18:32:02 BST 2000

My apologies... I wasn't subscribed to the list when I sent my bug report...

>> PPS: Thanks for doing such a great job on KDevelop!  I recommended it to game
>> developers using the Linux toolset during my talk at the Sony Playstation2
>> DevCon... Currently writing a doc about how to set it up for PS2 debugging.
=)

> Are you using remote debugging? Someone on this list had code for the internal
> debugger that supports this. That would be a good patch to have. Oh wait, the
> PS2 doesn't have gdb?? Hmmm - I'd be interested in reading about this. Could
> you mail me the doc.

In fact until yesterday I didn't even realize there WAS an internal debugger.
I'd been working from KDevelop 1.1, and writing docs for kdbg.  The PS2 does
have gdb, but it's a slightly custom version from Cygnus called ee-gdb.  The
most significant change in terms of visible interface is that you have to
connect to the development machine using a special protocol before you can do
anything:
	target deci2 devtool-mogul
After that, you have to manually 'reset' the machine and 'load' your binary
before each 'run'.  (Much more than this I'm not at liberty to go into.)  If gdb
had a built in macro I could set for replacing 'run', everything would be fine
(I could do the "target" command in .gdbinit).  However, as you can see, the
interface is so similar that it's not hard to hack kdbg to do the job.  I would
MUCH rather use the built-in debugger if possible, but this is the first I've
heard of it... Where does it stand in terms of capabilities/stability with
respect to kdbg?  I will delve into the code now to see if it's any more
difficult (and compile with debug info so I can give you a proper stack trace on
that bug).  If you could send me that remote-debugging patch you mentioned, I'd
be quite happy to start from that...

Thanks again!
Bret