Bug report: CTRL-arrow movement in non-C/C++ files

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 4 21:06:30 BST 2000

On Fri, 05 May 2000, you wrote:

> Hi there... If I use CTRL-right and CTRL-left to move around the editor within
> the attached .vsm file, kdevelop cores on me.  This is using the kdevelop RPM
> released by Troy Engel this morning, but has been happening since 1.0 (acoording
> to my coworker, who reported it to me so I could report it to you).  If you
> rename the file to have a .c extension, it doesn't happen.  I have a core, but
> even compressed it's 900k, so I'll refrain from sending it unless you absolutely
> need it.  This was very easy to reproduce, though, so you shouldn't need it.

Hi,

Don't send the core but extract the backtrace out of it, like so

gdb kdevelop core
bt
quit

and post that. Although the rpm won't have debug (? I'm guessing) so it's not
likely to be useful.

> Bret
>
> PS: .vsm is non-standard assembly code for the PS2, so it should really just be
> treated as an unrecognized file type for these sorts of purposes... That sort of
> crash doesn't happen when viewing a README file, for example...
>
> PPS: Thanks for doing such a great job on KDevelop!  I recommended it to game
> developers using the Linux toolset during my talk at the Sony Playstation2
> DevCon... Currently writing a doc about how to set it up for PS2 debugging. =)

Are you using remote debugging? Someone on this list had code for the internal
debugger that supports this. That would be a good patch to have. Oh wait, the
PS2 doesn't have gdb?? Hmmm - I'd be interested in reading about this. Could you
mail me the doc.

Thanks.

--
Regards,