Bug report: CTRL-arrow movement in non-C/C++ files

mogul at gelatinous.com mogul at gelatinous.com
Thu May 4 20:07:56 BST 2000

Hi there... If I use CTRL-right and CTRL-left to move around the editor within
the attached .vsm file, kdevelop cores on me.  This is using the kdevelop RPM
released by Troy Engel this morning, but has been happening since 1.0 (acoording
to my coworker, who reported it to me so I could report it to you).  If you
rename the file to have a .c extension, it doesn't happen.  I have a core, but
even compressed it's 900k, so I'll refrain from sending it unless you absolutely
need it.  This was very easy to reproduce, though, so you shouldn't need it.

Bret

PS: .vsm is non-standard assembly code for the PS2, so it should really just be
treated as an unrecognized file type for these sorts of purposes... That sort of
crash doesn't happen when viewing a README file, for example...

PPS: Thanks for doing such a great job on KDevelop!  I recommended it to game
developers using the Linux toolset during my talk at the Sony Playstation2
DevCon... Currently writing a doc about how to set it up for PS2 debugging. =)