Quetions about KDevelop and QT 2

William Bryan bill.bryan at eds.com
Wed May 3 16:49:14 BST 2000

I have not seen Redhat 6.2, but with 6.1 ( and I think 6.0 ), you can
have both versions of QT installed.
They are placed in /usr/lib/qt-1.44 and /usr/lib/qt-2.01 ( in 6.1 ).
Since they are in seperate directories,
they function seperately ( in 6.1 - kde is at 1.2 - just like in 6.2 ).
When compiling kdevelop, in the
configure step - use the switch for specifying the version of qt and it
wil setup that version of qt for the
compile of kdevelop.

when using kdevelop to compile a program, you might have to do this:
   -create your project with the appwizard (yes, the qt´s won´t be
found, I know)
   -Build->Configure
   -enter: --with-qt-dir=/path_to_qt_dir
   -Press OK