ANNOUNCE: KDE Alpha Binaries available 2000-04-30

Christopher Molnar molnarc at nebsllc.com
Mon May 1 14:40:55 BST 2000

 A new version of the KDE ALPHA binaries are available
 at nebsllc.com.  Please read the README file in the
 same directory. Just in case you missed it "READ THE README" prior to
 doing anything!

 These binaries are built from CVS as of 30 Apr
 2000 at 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time (-0500).

 Please bring all install questions to the un-official
 kde-alpha list at kde-alpha-request at nebsllc.com.

 Qt version 2.1.0 has been released. These binaries where built with the
 release package. You can get it here, or you can get it elsewhere, but
 you will need to upgrade. DEVELOPERS: the new QTDIR is /usr/lib/qt2.

 When you upgrade plese consider copying your old /opt/kde2 to an
/opt/kde2.old directory and then installing. This way you have something
to go back to.

 These files are available via ftp from:

 ftp://ftp.nebsllc.com/kde2/current

 or via http at:

 http://www.nebsllc.com (follow links for kde2 Alpha
 binaries)

 You will also be able to find these at (after a few days):

 http://www.htw-dresden.de/~s2697

 The installs have been tested by me on a Mandrake 7.0
 machine. They have also been reported to work on all
 other distributions.

 The rpm's are built with Mandrake 7.0. If you are not running the
 most recent version of rpm, I would suggest
 an upgrade. You will need to do a --force and a --nodeps on the rpm
 installs.

 If you are running prior Alpha's I highly recommend you
 update. There are a lot of fixes and some structural
 changes in the packages.

 You will also find Source tar.gz's in the same
 directory.

 Christopher Molnar,RHCE
 New England Business Services, LLC
 Mandrake Software
 Aetna, Inc.
 Hartford, CT USA
 (860)956-9408
 molnarc at nebsllc.com
 molnarc at mandrakesoft.com
 molnarc at aetna.com

 "It said uses Windows 95 or better, so I loaded Linux!"