Problems with video resolution

Pedro Abelleira pedro at zmat.usc.es
Fri Mar 24 21:17:15 GMT 2000

Well, I had the same problem with a resolution of 800x600 (the only
monitor I can access part of the time, out my house). Yes 800x600, but
only when I run kdevelop in spanish. I change the LANG enviroment variable
and I can see the scroll bars. The cause is the length of the strings of
the tabs. Instead of "Navegador de DocumentaciĆ³n" it would be better "Doc"
and so on, and the problem is solved. You can change the strings in the po
subdirectory of the kdevelop source. For the English version I suposse you
have to change the sources. In fact it would be better to write the
official spanish translator about the problem. I'm going to do this now
Please, kdevelop'ers, probe the program at least (at most :-) in 800x600
in order to alow the poor people to use the free software ;-)
Hope it helps