advantage by compiling kde on your own pc....?!

Michael McConnell mmcconnell at uniserve.com
Fri Mar 24 16:53:44 GMT 2000

Well it's quite difficult to give you real numbers, regarding preformance gains
on *your* machine. But, I call say that you will definately get a preformance
gain by compiling all your programs on your system, with your settings. Not to
mention the use of PGCC (Pentium optimized, or Pentium II optimized that is
version of GCC) which has shown results as much as 40% improvement by compiling
with it, rather than the traditional GCC. For example XMMS, I believe takes
approximately 7% less CPU on my Dual P-233 with 64 megs of ram. Check it for
yourself, www.goof.org/pgcc/  (I think thats the url, if not just search
www.google.com)
anyhow, always compile, if you can
always (-: