Bug in C++ parser

Daniel E. Baumann baumannd at msoe.edu
Thu Mar 23 02:03:36 GMT 2000

I think that I have found a bug in kdevelop. I was wrinting a wrapper
class for a C library and at the top of the class header file I had to do

extern "C"
{
	#include <header.h>
}

class Foo
{
etc.

in order to get linking to work correctly. When I add the above declaration it
breaks the class parser and the class is no longer listed as a class under the
Class Viewer (CV) tab. Is this the way it should work? Shouldn't I be able to
do this without breaking the parsing of the class.The only way I can fix it is
to comment out the extern declaration and then remove the files from the project
and then add them back again. If I just comment out the extern declaration it
parses the class correctly again, but if then if you click on a member function
it will not put you in the cpp file like it should.

Like I said before I am not sure if this is a bug. If it isn't then I'd like to
know how I could get around this and link the C library in correctly with g++
and have my classes parsed correctly.

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
Phone: (414) 251-7856
E-mail: baumannd at msoe.edu (preferred)
	baumannd at penguinpowered.com (doesn't always go through do to server traffic)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
		http://linuxlair.penguinpowered.com

When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale
deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness
any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home...

	- Cliff Burton