KDevelop 1.1 supporting GCJ (GNU's JAVA compiler)

Michael McConnell mmcconnell at uniserve.com
Wed Mar 22 00:25:54 GMT 2000

I've read through the documents rather extensively regarding the *compiler* and
have found that KDevelop seems to only consider GNU's Compile Collection (GCC) to
the extent of C and C++. With direct Wizards to streamline KDE and QT
applications, using templates. Now it seems to me, that since GCJ, GCC and G++
seem to share almost identical compiler args that KDevelop should be able to
proccess and compile Java applications without any problem, or even any
reconfiguration needed, but yet...... I can't seem to be able to find a way to
get it to use the command GCJ rather than it's asuming of a compiler type. Anyone
have any ideas on how I could get Kdevelop to allow me to develop for the Java
Language, and use GCJ or even.... if it came down to, JDK 2.0 (1.2 whatever)

Thoughts, Ideas?

Thanks,

Michael McConnell
mmcconnell at uniserve.com