CVS on remote server

Roberto Alsina ralsina at unl.edu.ar
Mon Mar 20 10:53:30 GMT 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Jon Anderson wrote:

> >Hi folks,
> >is it possible to use a cvs-repository on a cvs-server like
> >sourceforge. Or can you only use a local cvs repository? If I can use a
> >remote server please tell me how.
> >Thanks in advance.
>

> I do.   You just need to take the same steps as you normally would with
> remote cvs. You need to set up CVS to use SSH as it's default RSH and upload
> your shared key to sourceforge.  (There is help on how to do this on
> sourceforge.)   After an initial checkout,  you can then perform cvs
> commands just like you would for a local cvs repository, which is what
> KDevelop does.

One minor nitpick: this requires you to have a shell account on the
server. sourceforge has a modified version of cvs that lets them work
around this, but I don't know if it's downloadable.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul