Syntax highlightin

George Russell george.russell at clara.net
Thu Mar 16 23:49:25 GMT 2000

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 07:28:14PM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> This is a major undertaking as we want to stay in sync with Jochen´s
> sourcecode so we don´t get more bugs in than there already are. Changes
> we´re doing are going most often into kwrite´s sourcecode as well, and
> this would mean a major breaking in the code.

Could someone please explain how to create a syntax highlight for a language?

I want to add inform (www.gnelson.demon.co.uk/inform.html) highlighting to
kwrite / kdevelop. There is already a vim highlighting file to base this on.

Adding inform support otherwise to kdevelop should be simple - its largely C
like, has a linux cli compiler and a set of std libs, use of which seems
to only require them to be in the current dir.

Of minor interest, but cool none the less. Inform is used to write interactive
fiction (text adventures) btw, to a cross platform interpreted virtual machine.
Same as the old infocom games, i.e. Zork.

George Russell
--
One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
                                 Lord of the Rings,     J.R.R.Tolkien