API generation doesn't work since snapshot 20000313

Achim Spangler spangler at tec.agrar.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Mar 16 15:03:50 GMT 2000

Ralf Nolden schrieb:
> Achim Spangler wrote:
> > Hi,
> > with the kdevelop snapshot 20000313 I can't update/generate the API
> > documentation.
> >
> > I suspect that this is caused by the changes for namespace parsing.
> That was only on the doctree and that had nothing to do with the API
> generation of your project. It was because the kdoc reference files have
> namespace classes as filenames in the form of namespace::class which
> isnĀ“t correct as the :: is replaced by __ in the filename of the html
> files. So I always got file not found when I looked up the KDE 2 api for
> namespaces like kparts and kio and so I changed it and now that runs
> fine again.
Problem solved - reason found:
The previous snapshot of kdevelop didn't cause problems on wrong setting
of
idx_path | KDELIBS_DOCDIR
-> so I didn't notice that this setting was wrong (I develop a command
line
app which doesn't use KDE -> no API connection to KDELIBS needed).

The actual snapshot checks for this directory setting, to create a
cross-reference.

PROBLEM: CKDevelop::slotProjectAPI() is exited without warning message,
if idx_path
is not empty, but doesn't point to a legal KDELIBS_DOCDIR !!

:source:
if (!d.exists())
  return;
:source:

==> PLEASE insert a simple error message if idx_path doesn't exist, so
that the user can check for the right setting

Another problem: I tried to set KDELIBS_DOCDIR in kdevelop_setup to zero
length, to avoid cross_referencing, but kdevelop doesn't accept empty
seting -> it inserts always at least "/", so that
CKDevelop::slotProjectAPI() doesn't accept it as Empty
:source:
if (!idx_path.isEmpty())
:source:

Last corresponding problem:
I set KDELIBS_DOCDIR to a directory with a KDELIBDOC created by kdoc1,
so that I got some irritating messages about problems with parsing
jscript.
I think this problem is the least important.

Greetings,
Achim
--
Dipl.-Inform. Achim Spangler                TUM Freising-Weihenstephan