A-N-N-O-U-N-C-E: QextMDI-1.0beta2 out now!
gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 13:55:23 UTC 2000
Hi Qt- and KDE-programmers,
QextMDI library version 1.0 (Beta2)
It's a Qt-extension widget set that provides full functionality and
behaviour for an MDI application (except the document stuff that has
nothing to do in a widget collection).
Your application is additionally configurable in several modes (also at
- MDI like MSWindows standard (includes stacked SDI)
- Unix-like with all windows as toplevel (like Emacs, gimp)
- somewhere between these 2 modes
unix users: http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi-1.0beta2.tgz
win32 users: http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi-1.0beta2.zip
Web page (for further details + mailing-list):
Changes from 1.0beta1 to 1.0beta2
- method interface for adding MDI views changed
- "Window" menu improved: submenu for Dock/Undock and one for window
- class QextMdiChildArea is protected now, there's a througput of some
from the mainframe to that one.
- the taskbar items can have different names than view titles.
- class interfaces optimized
- The QextMdiChildView-list of the mainframe can be accessed by a
special iterator now.
- TRUE and FALSE is used instead of true and false (compatibility with
- toplevel mode is better supported now
- a lot of bugfixes, especially resizing and moving of MDI views
- a set of useful additional methods
- Info: QextMDI works with Qt-2.1 as well
- Info: KDevelop1.1 supports QextMDI by ApplicationWizard
Keep the idea of
taking the best of both worlds!
Falk Brettschneider Dresden, 15/March/2000
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
More information about the KDevelop