Kdevelop on HP-UX 10.20

Sebastien Brochet sebastien.brochet at tecsi.com
Wed Mar 15 12:57:25 GMT 2000

jean-luc bonnafoux wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile and install Kdevelop on a computer running HP-UX
> 10.20
> The first "make" was OK and i was able to launch kdevelop. But some pics
> are missing.
He, what version do you use, the last one (kdevelop 1.1 ?)

The last time I tried it, I was obliged to modify the "dialog loader"
related files 'coz there is some incompatibilities in HP-UX w.r.t the
dynamic loading of shared libraries.

And as for the icon not showing, it is either the pics are not found or
there are really missing.
I've already had the same symptoms because you probably uses a user
install under /udir/tmp/... and not something like /usr/local/...
I then set KDEDIR to /udir/.../kde1.1.2/bin if I remember right.
(i.e export KDEDIR= ...)

> I know i have to do a "make install".
> I does not work because some "root" rights seem to be needed.
I don't think so, I have only user access on my HP box.
Try using something like:
./configure --prefix=/udir/tmp/kde1.1.2/bin

The --prefix directive set the installation directory, it is the KDE
directory here.

>      _  _
>    / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ / Jean-Luc Bonnafoux
>   / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Alcatel CIT, NMU, Marcoussis
ps: je pense que nous sommes plus que voisin.
Mon tel: 01.64.49.20.03 (Villarceaux).

--

/Sebastien