couple of bugs.

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 17:34:20 GMT 2000

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Frank Nichols <frank at theNichols.net>wrote:
> I have the same problems, and while I like kdevelop in general, I am forced
> to go back to using C-Forge because of these "bugs". I tend to jump around
> in the code a lot while working and the CV view sometimes goes to the right
> place (header if header tab is selected, or source if source tab is
> selected) and sometimes it doesn't - I find it very frustrating!

Available at my stand in  the KDevelop 'bazaar' is a patch to add a 'Go to
definition' option to the Class Viewer and Class Tool menus. It still won't load
the source file when you click on the class, only when you select this new menu
option, but it should be easier than going off to the LFV tab etc.

I think the main problem here is with C++ - there is no syntax to mark the
beginning of the class definition. In Objective-C there is a '@implementation'
keyword. Hence, this patch will take you to the start of the souce file with
C++, but it will take you directly to the '@implementation' line in
Objective-C.

Copy  kdevelop-1.1gotoclassdef.patch to the directory above KDevelop-1.1

 $ cd  kdevelop-1.1
 $ patch -p1 < ../kdevelop-1.1gotoclassdef.patch
 $ make
 $ make install

-- Richard