gdb: "nnsim" not in executable format (Why ?)

Thorsten Gecks t_gecks at informatik.uni-kl.de
Mon Mar 13 14:23:32 GMT 2000

When I want to debug my new kde-program with gdb, I get the following
strange error:

Does anybody have an idea, what is missing for gdb ?

hal:[student]> gdb nnsim/nnsim/nnsim
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...

"/home/student/nnsim/nnsim/nnsim": not in executable format: File format
not recognized

(gdb) q

As you can see here, I can execute the program though:

hal:[student]> nnsim/nnsim/nnsim
KTM CloseEvent end
KTM: ACK mb kill, local kill, NOT zeroed
KTM destructor: deleted menubar
KTM destructor: end
KTM: ACK tb kill, local kill, NOT removed from list
nnsim: [kxmlgui.cpp:133] KXMLGUIServant::~KXMLGUIServant()
hal:[student]>