kde-2: #if 0 in kfiledialog.h ???

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Tue Mar 7 12:12:15 GMT 2000

Thorsten Gecks wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Sandor Takacs wrote:
>
> > > I saw this too some days ago... Amazing how good ideas those guys have ;-)
> > > I don't even know what #if 0 does...
> > > Just comment it out from your headers and it should work again afaik.
> >
> > No! This shouldn't work! These functions removed, and replaced by openURL
> > etc. And all snapshot changed to use the new functions.
> >
> O.k. but when I create a KDE2-App with kdevelop it still uses this
> functions !

Yes, you are right...
I'm up to change the templates (and I will try to change this, too - in
a convienient way),
but on the other side, don't forget: KDE 2.x is still under development

and it could always happen, that some changement in GUI functions can
occur, even if you have already written some klocs.

> Is there any update for kdevelop or should I use a earlier
> kdelibs-snapshot ?

You shouldn't use an earlier snapshot! I think the KFileDiaog stuff
won't return to getOpenFileName stuff, so your application users will
get great problems (and also you to explain the stuff ;-))

You should change your application to make it working right...

> ciao
>
> thorsten

Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)