configure: error: your system fails at linking a small KDE application!

Graeme Cogger graeme.cogger at freedom2surf.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 23:14:19 GMT 2000

I'm new to it to! I got the same error message, although probably for a
different reason. I got exactly that message when the only problem was
that I had installed the QT 2 development package but not the QT 1.4x
one. I also found that if I uninstalled 'egcs' and installed 'gccfront'
the error message was that it could not find the QT 1.4x libraries! In
other words, the 2 error messages were reversed.

The moral of this is - don't trust that error message, and make sure
you've got the older QT development package ('qtdevel' on SuSE)
installed. Something which helped me was looking at the 'config.log'
file generated in the project directory - it tells you exactly what went
wrong to cause the error.

Graeme