How: debug in specific working directory??

md md at testplus.com
Wed Mar 1 15:44:55 GMT 2000

Yes, you are right, I`m debugging an terminal application, that reads several
configuration and data files from the current directory.
So for testing and debugging different data or configurations it would be very
annoying always to copy the binary in the specific directory.

Also for GUI applications, there might be some situations, where it is
necessary to send a specific gdb command which is not (yet) supported by the
kdevelop GUI.

        Michael

On 01-Mar-00 W. Tasin wrote:
> md wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Falk!
>>
>> So in the internal debugger it is not possible to pass the command 'cd
>> ~/foo/bar/somewhere' (or any other direct command) to gdb?
>>
>>         Michael
>>

> Hmmm....
> the question should be... for what??
> only for debugging purpose, generally in terminalapps or generally in
> GUI application??
>
> I didn't hope that you want use this machanism for GUI applications ;-)
> to make a startup dependable on the actual directory in which it is
> started.
>
> for terminal applications it isn't implemented, that's right...
>
> for debugging purpose or GUI apps you should set the actual directory
> inside the application... if you really need it...
>
> Ciao
>
> Walter
>
> --
> oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
> (Zucchero)
>:-------W. Tasin, FB 04,
> FHM-------------------PGP-KeyID:0x7961A645----------:
> <Key-Fingerprint: 1610 835F 0080 32F4 6140  6CF7 A7D0 44CD 7961A645>
> <http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x7961A645&fingerprin
> t=on>

------
test plus electronic GmbH    | Tel.  +49-89-747164-11
Ruppertstr.1                 | Fax.  +49-89-763739
D-80337 Muenchen             | Email md at testplus.com