KDevelop 2.0 problems.

ian reinhart geiser geiseri at msoe.edu
Mon Jun 12 20:51:49 BST 2000

Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk at yahoo.com> said:

> Hi Ian,
>
> ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> >
> >       KDE 1 is pretty cleaned up.  I use KDevelop as my
>
> >         main development enviroment. so i REALLY would like
> >         it under KDE2
>
> Not a good idea. :-(
> KDE2 is pretty unstable. And KDevelop2 is about at alpha stage. For
instance,
> debugging isn't possible at all. You would lack a lot of features
KDevelop1.2
> provides.

	i have delusions of makeing Kpp (an RPM builder for KDevelop)
	a patch to KDevelop 2... is this an option yet?

> >         so KDevelop 2 will not compile period!  i have the latest source
> >         from KDE.org.  it is very hard to nail these guys down and get
> >         good source trees.
>
> In a few days KDE2 is available for download. Please wait...

	no problem.

> >         thanks,  could someone on the list let me know when
> >         KDevelop is ready again.  we are really wanting to
> >         include KDE2 in our next release.
>
> Better is to use KDevelop1.2 on KDE2, if you really want to use KDE2. For
> that you must install the KDE1 libraries and Qt-1.44 as well.

	my big problem is that i am testing KDE2 under LinuxPPC
	currently KDE1 and KDE2 are fighting...  is there a good
	way to install KDE 1 and 2... i have been thinking about
	a /opt/kde1 and a /opt/kde2  approach?  will this cause me
	problems later?

	this way i can still develop for both.

	-ian reinhart geiser