KDevelop 2.0 problems.

ian reinhart geiser geiseri at msoe.edu
Mon Jun 12 14:43:47 BST 2000

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> ian reinhart geiser wrote:
>
> > I have the latest KDE 2 build installed with the latest
> > KDevelop build installed
>
> You are worthy. ;-)

	actually i am trying to get KDE2 and KDevelop built
	for the LinuxPPC dist...

	i crank on KDE2 for about 3 hours a day!

	KDE 1 is pretty cleaned up.  I use KDevelop as my
	main development enviroment. so i REALLY would like
	it under KDE2

> > and when i run KDevelop i get

	--snip--

> Well, actually KDevelop2 does not compile at the moment because of a
> bigger change in KDE2 (KWM is gone) shortly ago and we haven't adapted
> yet:
>
> Making all in dbg
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/falk/Projekte/kde2src/kdevelop/kdevelop/dbg'
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/opt/kde2/include
> -I/home/falk/Projekte/kde2src/qt-copy/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I..    -g -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-check-new -Wall -pedantic -W
> -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
> -fno-builtin  -c dbgtoolbar.cpp
> In file included from dbgtoolbar.cpp:18:
> dbgtoolbar.h:24: kwm.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (English:
> File or directory not found)
> dbgtoolbar.cpp:27: kwm.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden ( -"- )
> make[3]: *** [dbgtoolbar.o] Error 1
>

> I suppose compiling works for you because you haven't clean your sources
> and that's why kwm.h is still around locally on your machine. But after
> all it hits you at runtime when kdevelop tries to access KWM in the KDE
> libraries and doesn't find it.

	oh ##!@!#?@!

	so KDevelop 2 will not compile period!  i have the latest source
	from KDE.org.  it is very hard to nail these guys down and get
	good source trees.

> > There it ends....
> >
> > It also hangs on generateing the KDE2 documentation.
>
> Not ported yet.

	i guess i had best hit the keyboard and get codeing :P

> Greetings from Dresden,
> F at lk

	thanks,  could someone on the list let me know when
	KDevelop is ready again.  we are really wanting to
	include KDE2 in our next release.

	-ian reinhart geiser

| Ian Reinhart Geiser - Computer Engineering Student|
| HOME: <geiseri at msoe.edu>                          |
| WORK: <geiseri at linuxppc.com>                      |
| WEB:  http://www.msoe.edu/~geiseri                |