KDevelop 2.0 problems.

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 18:52:38 BST 2000

Hi Ian,

ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> I have the latest KDE 2 build installed with the latest
> KDevelop build installed

You are worthy. ;-)

> and when i run KDevelop i get
> the following error.
>
> Instance kdevelop has no about data
> KLocale: trying to look up "" in catalouge. Fix the program
> kdevelop: KLocale: trying to look up "" in catalouge. Fix the program
> kdevelop: KLocale: trying to look up "" in catalouge. Fix the program

This has nothing to do with the segfault below.

> Segmentation fault

Well, actually KDevelop2 does not compile at the moment because of a
bigger change in KDE2 (KWM is gone) shortly ago and we haven't adapted
yet:

Making all in dbg
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/falk/Projekte/kde2src/kdevelop/kdevelop/dbg'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/opt/kde2/include
-I/home/falk/Projekte/kde2src/qt-copy/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I..    -g -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-check-new -Wall -pedantic -W
-Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
-fno-builtin  -c dbgtoolbar.cpp
In file included from dbgtoolbar.cpp:18:
dbgtoolbar.h:24: kwm.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (English:
File or directory not found)
dbgtoolbar.cpp:27: kwm.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden ( -"- )
make[3]: *** [dbgtoolbar.o] Error 1

I suppose compiling works for you because you haven't clean your sources
and that's why kwm.h is still around locally on your machine. But after
all it hits you at runtime when kdevelop tries to access KWM in the KDE
libraries and doesn't find it.

> There it ends....
>
> It also hangs on generateing the KDE2 documentation.

Not ported yet.

Greetings from Dresden,
F at lk