help..OpenGL ..configure error..

Robert Wheat belran at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 8 03:55:40 BST 2000

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000, you wrote:

> 	but when OpenGL -KDE project is selected...its throwing error...
> ./configure error...Qt-OpenGL libraries not found..please check your
> iinstallation.
>
> 	can you suggest me the way to over come this problem..and
> where the problem lies...

Unfortunately, I have not upgraded to KDevelop 1.2 yet.  I am still using
KDevelop 1.1, so, I cannot look in the configure script file to see what lib
files are being searched for.

The only thing I can think of is that in Mesa 3.2, the libraries were no
longer named libMesaGL.so, and libMesaGLU.so.  They are now named
libGL.so, and libGLU.so.  I believe that the configure script is looking for
the libMesaGL files.  (I'm saying this without actually having seen the script)

Based on this, I can only suggest creating symbolic links to the libs.
In a console window, change to the directory where the OpenGL libraries
reside.  For me that is "/usr/local/lib".  Then create a symbolic link for the
GL lib "ln -s libGL.so libMesaGL.so"
and one for the GLU lib "ln -s libGLU.so libMesaGLU.so".

Also, make sure that the library 'libqgl.a" exists in the qt/lib directory.

Let me know if this helps.

Bob
belran at worldnet.att.net