Is Qt2 necessary for KDevelop1.1?

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Fri Jun 2 03:22:43 BST 2000

"Janne Lähteenmäki" wrote:

> I installed KDevelop 1.1 (.rpm) and started reading through the tutorial. I
> started a new KDE-mini project and tried to compile it, but g++ couldn't find
> header files:
> <kcmdlineargs.h>
>  <kaboutdata.h>
> <klocale.h>
>  <qapplication.h>
>  <qpushbutton.h>
>
> so I added compiler options:
> -I/usr/include/qt -I/usr/include/kde
>
> Now, when KDevelop starts to check it's enviroment I get error:
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= 2.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

This should only happen if you want to create a KDE2/QT2 application.
What do you exactly want to do?

KDevelop 1.1 doesn´t need qt 2 for working...
You should have first a system, which allows you to create KDE 1
applications.

With QT 1.44 and KDE 1.2.

After that you can begin to install qt 2 and kde 2 on your system (not
touching the existant settings) (e.g installing them into
/usr/local/qt-2.0.1 and /opt/kde2)

----

A "Normal", "Mini" or "Normal-OpenGL" project uses qt 1.44.
A "KDE 2 Mini", "KDE 2 Normal" and "KDE 2 MDI" uses QT 2.x.

So it shouldn´t happen that a project of the type "Normal", "Mini" or
"Normal-OpenGL"
ask for qt 2.
Ooops only if you didn´t patch the configure.in of course:
There has to be a
---
dnl insert here, which version of KDE/QT do you want to use
KDE_USE_QT(1)
---
inside!

> I installed  qt2 and qt-devel.2.0 but that didn't help...
>
>  --
> -janza

Ciao

Walter