Doubts starting using kdevelop

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Jul 27 22:41:47 BST 2000

Rodrigo wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Well, I am novice in the list group and start to use kdevelop a few days
> ago. I want to make programs with the kdevelop for DB made in
> PostGreSQL. I think that the kdevelop´s interface is great. That´s one
> of the reasons that I have choosen it.
> However, I have some doubts: Is it possible to make Kdevelop and
> PostgreSQL work together? In the Kdevelop setup, it ask about the
> kdelibs´directory. but I don´t find it. Always the program say that it
> isn´t the true way. Is the kdelibs´directory the directory I create to
> install the program?
> Thanks a lot for your atention.
> Hugs,
> Rodrigo - Brazil

Given the fact that you are able to read documentation, it would be the
best to start there for an answer. hint, hint: the help button on the
installer opens kdehelp with the page that describes what you are
looking for during the setup. And using the right mouse button over
dialogs will give you a popup: "quickhelp" that you have to click to get
direct help....

About your SQL stuff, you should get it to work. There are some kde apps
that make use of mysql I think that could serve as a "have a look at"
for your applcation.

Anyway, have fun,

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org