Doubts starting using kdevelop

Charles Kibue ckibue at mailafrica.net
Fri Jul 28 18:13:41 BST 2000

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> However, I have some doubts: Is it possible to make Kdevelop and
> PostgreSQL work together? In the Kdevelop setup, it ask about the
> kdelibs´directory. but I don´t find it. Always the program say that it
> isn´t the true way. Is the kdelibs´directory the directory I create to
> install the program?

Hi,
	You sure are right the KDevelop interface is great.
The kdelib's directory in the setup is actually refering to the installation
directory of the KDE library documentation. I reckon you don't have the
kdelibdoc package installed which kdevelop setup would have
otherwise automagically detected and setup the kdelib directory accordingly.
	Some Linux distributions include this package or you can download it
from the KDE website <http://www.kde.org> or the KDevelop homepage
<http://www.kdevelop.org>. The package name is

kdelibdocs-1.1-1

and should be available as RPM or source. The version number(-1.1-1) is what I'm
using so there might be a newer one. My distribution installs this package in

/opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs/

though this may vary with others.

Regards,
Charles.