KDevelop caught SIGSEGV

Bjoern Krombholz bjkro at gmx.de
Sun Jan 30 16:59:56 GMT 2000

Robert Tomanek wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a really strange problem with kdevelop (version 1.1beta1.0): today I
> decided to upgrade my Debian system to potato. Having done this (actually I
> haven't upgraded everything, only the development files) (and recompiled
> kdevelop, just to be on the safe side) I noticed that it (kdevelop) doesn't
> start: to be more precise it shows its splash screen and even its main window
> but just after it kdevelop crashes with SIGSEGV. gdb says it was in
> __morecore().
[...]
> My current system is something between Debian slink and potato:
> libc6: 2.1.2-12
> libstdc++2.10: 2.95.2-5
> libstdc++2.9: 2.91.60-5
> qt: 1.44-6
> kde: 1.1.2
> gcc/g++: 2.95.2-5
> kdevelop: 1.1beta1.0

You upgraded your system from libc6 2.0.7 to 2.1.2 I think. The problem is,
these version arenĀ“t completely compatible. Because nearly every program
depends on this library you should recompile everything (or get the newer
packages linked against version 2.1.2).

KDevelop f.e. also needs libX11, libjpeg, libtiff etc. and these might depend
on other stuff.
Finally if you want a stable system update everything or switch back to the
stable distro. Nevertheless I know a lot of people working with Debian 2.2pre
without problems and as far as I know Debian has already freezed potato code,
so there is an imminent new stable release.

Bjoern
--
Sign the Linux Driver Petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html