KDevelop caught SIGSEGV

Robert Tomanek slon at in.com.pl
Sat Jan 29 20:32:14 GMT 2000

Hi,
I have a really strange problem with kdevelop (version 1.1beta1.0): today I
decided to upgrade my Debian system to potato. Having done this (actually I
haven't upgraded everything, only the development files) (and recompiled
kdevelop, just to be on the safe side) I noticed that it (kdevelop) doesn't
start: to be more precise it shows its splash screen and even its main window
but just after it kdevelop crashes with SIGSEGV. gdb says it was in
__morecore().

I'm not really sure who is to blame now: me (for installing unstable
distribution) or kdevelop. Before the upgrade everything was OK - the system
was Debian slink with glibc2.1 installed. Today I have changed quite a lot of
components (full list with version numbers at the end of this message) so I
can't track down the problem.

If anyone has encountered a similar situation, please let me know.

My current system is something between Debian slink and potato:
libc6: 2.1.2-12
libstdc++2.10: 2.95.2-5
libstdc++2.9: 2.91.60-5
qt: 1.44-6