how can i compile and run kde-programs with the qt-libraries

Prost02 at aol.com Prost02 at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 09:24:25 GMT 2000

hello there,

my name is peter rost and i'm a "young" c-programmer. i'm living in dresden,
germany and so my english is'nt so good. please excuse me.thanks. but now my
problem: i wrote a simple kde-program like this:

#include <qapplictaion.h>
#include <qpushbutton.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
    QApplication App(argc, argv);
    QPushButton Button(0, "hello world");

    Button.resize(100, 30);
    App.setMainWidget(  &Button);
    Button.show();
    return App.exec();
}

i compiled it with : g++ first.cc -o first.e -shared
/home/user/lib/qt/lib/libqt.so.2.0.2 or with .../libqt.so.1.44

then i wanted to run it in a terminal with: first.e &
but the terminal gave me the failure message: "Segmentation fault". What's
that? can you help me, how i can let it run on my system. i'm using a
S.u.S.E. - 6.1 distribution. and so i tried it with kdevelop, but it gave me
the failure message : "make: no rule for target ***", or something like this.
you see i made everything to run a kde-program, but it didn't funtionize.

please help me, thanks - peter rost from dresden.

email: prost02 at aol.com