version stability

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 24 01:06:07 GMT 2000

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I´m running the KDevelop version 1.0 here, which I installed from the
> 1.0-1-SuSE-rpm some time ago. Now I recognised that there is a 1.1beta
> version out, and I want to ask, if this is strictly a developer´s
> version ("beta") or is it as stable as the 1.0 version was?
>
> I´m needing this for a project work, so I need the software as stable
> as possible.

It's about as stable as 1.0 was. There are some issues with suse installation,
that has been discussed on this mailing list previously.

I recommend getting the cvs version using cvsup, as there are some good bug
fixes in this and a lot of good additions. (But this makes it a bit more
unstable in some areas and more stable in others). Check the mailing list for
more info on getting kdevelop 1.1 by cvsup.

You shouldn't have any corruption type problems that'll cause you to lose
your work but, as always, you should do a backup first anyway. :-)

--
Regards,

jbb
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb