question

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 19 13:29:41 GMT 2000

Sandy Meier wrote:

> > Why isn't the "edit main window with dialg editor" feature a default behavior?
> > I always want to edit/create the main window content first.
> > Just wondered?!
> >
> > Alex...
>
> Hi!
>
> The base apps were programmed when the dialogeditor doesn't exist and after
> that nobody have changed it. I hope we will have this feature in KDevelop2.

I think this is optional per se. Because apps usually have a view area
that adapts to the rest, meaning that you would use a widget like
QMultiLineEdit or you can create your own and put it as the main view.
Therefore a main window can be created with the dialog editor, why not ?
Just it doesn't handle geometry management, so the whole app window is
limited to a fixed size (or will look very ugly when maximised).

Bye,

Ralf