ANNOUNCE: New Redhat 6.1 Binaries and RPM's available for KDE2Prealpha

Christopher Molnar molnarc at nebsllc.com
Tue Jan 18 11:22:04 GMT 2000

I wasn't going to do this until the end of the month, but there was quite a
significant upgrade to the qt library that caused me to re-compile all of
KDE2Prealph. Therefore I have made a new set of RPM's and binaries available.

The path for ftp is:

ftp://nebsllc.com/kde2/current

You can also get them via http at:

http://www.nebsllc.com

follow the links for kde2prealph

PLEASE READ THE README FILES! These binaries are created on a RedHat 6.1
system and I know they work on that build. I don't know about any others.

Please note, you must uninstall the prior version of the kde2 alpha or force
the new version if you are using the rpm method. The proper order of install
is qtcopy, kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase and then whatever else.

Added 1 package as well: kdevelop has been added. I don't know how well it
will work, but it compiled.

Have fun!
Chris