File Organization problem

Patric dont at like.spam
Mon Jan 17 21:08:18 GMT 2000

Hi !
first elt me introduce myself, since I am new to this list. I am an
experienced C++ programmer on the Windows platforms and decided to learn
Linux in my spare time. I am working with Suse 6.3 for 2 month now.
After my first shock about the primitive development environments on the
Linux platform I was quite pleased to find KDevelop since it gave me an
easy entry and resembles very much MSVC to which I am used for many
years now.

At work I am responsible for managing a huge class library and have just
recently reorganized it in various subdirectory - trees in order to be
able to keep overview. I decided to start a small C++ class library on
Linux as a learning project. What I am missing in KDevelop is the power
to use files which are everywhere in the directory tree, for example I
tend to keep H and CPP files in seperate trees, so ppl can just copy the
H files and my LIB files without the CPP files. KDevelop does seem to
have some problems with this organization. In particular the class
browser does not seem to be able to find the implementation.

Well, since I'm new to KDevelop, maybe I oversaw something or did
something wrong. Can anybody give me a clue? Is this a feature others
are missing too? Or is there another way to realize this kind of file
organization?

Regards

Patric Lagny