kdevelop crash when inserting file into project

Martin Piskernig martin.piskernig at stuwo.at
Fri Jan 7 18:38:01 GMT 2000

On Fri, 07 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> I have kdevelop 1.0, installed by SuSE 6.2 rpm. The kernel is 2.2.13.
> When I do the following steps as root:
>
> create a new terminal C project (Hello World)
> delete the main.c file from the project and from disk
> copy another c file into the project directory
> call the menu Project/Add existing file and add this file
>
> kdevelop crashes. After restart, the same steps lead to the desired result.

A good work-around is to start KDevelop from a konsole if you want to add an
existing file. We have heavily investigated on this bug and came to the solution
that it must have something to do with the KProcess usage and/or the scripts
used in that method. But I can't give you a fix here. Maybe somebody on the
list wants to try it? ;-)

Martin

PS: It happens also in KDE and Qt projects.
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature file to help me
spread!