internal dbg, snapshot 20000101-A

Thomas Regner tomte at subdimension.com
Tue Jan 4 22:19:11 GMT 2000

On Die, 04 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2000, you wrote:
>
> > I did! Jan 04 1999, 11.??
                        ^^^^^
		2000 !
> 10.?? GMT?
> That's got everything then.

// snip
> > Is there a chance to get the debugger code to output some more information
to > > the console?

> Yes, to more output - No, to console output
>
> I have two compile flags
> -DGDB_MONITOR - in/out of gdb messages
> -DDBG_MONITOR - the above plus internal debug messages
>
> Recompile with one of these flags (I suggest -DGDB_MONITOR) and you'll get
> another output tab "debugger". You can cut and paste from this window.
I recompiled with -DGDB_MONITOR

Here´s the output:

Start dbgset prompt  i
set confirm off
set print static-members off
tty (null)
set width 0
set height 0
set stop-on 1
set print asm-demangle off
file kcqedit
run
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb) (no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) (null): Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.
set prompt  T
backtrace
set prompt  i

Program exited with code 01.
You can't do that without a process to debug.

(gdb)
(gdb) No stack.

(gdb)
(gdb)

I dare say, it just doesn´t find the executable, but why?
I hope you know what this means...

> Just a thought: does your program need any arguments to run? I was using the
> "program arguments" but now have separate arguments for when you run
> in the debugger.

It needs no arguments.
( even the default hello world c++-app isn´t debugable.

bye,
Tom
--