internal dbg, snapshot 20000101-A

Thomas Regner tomte at subdimension.com
Tue Jan 4 11:11:12 GMT 2000

On Die, 04 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just compiled the last snapshot (01.01.00),
> > the internal debugger seems to be broken,
> > every program-type I tested exits with code 1 before actualy starting up.
> > My stupidity?
> > Something special to do?
> >
> > I tried to take a look inside the code (well documented !!), but I´m still
> > clueless.
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Hmmm, the internal debugger should work - I'd be interested to track this down,
> as I've not had problems like this. There should be nothing special to do.

> However, since that snapshot, I've done some pretty heavy work on it. Could you
> get the latest version from cvs (as of 5 minutes ago), and see if the problem
> persists. If it does, then we can start from there, rather that where you're
> currently at, as your system is now too old to reliably determine what's going
> wrong :-)

I did! Jan 04 1999, 11.??
It compiled flawlessly, but if I try to debug,
the program exits without even reaching the first line of code.
Running it from kdevelop works.
there are no debug messages in the console.

My system:
	SuSE 6.3,
	egcs 2.91.66
	kde 1.1.2
	qt 1.44
	gdb 4.18
Is there a chance to get the debugger code to output some more information to
the console?
> Is this the first time you've tried this on your system or have previous
> versions of the internal debugger worked?

Yes!! and I really like it.

--