internal dbg, snapshot 20000101-A

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 3 23:41:08 GMT 2000

On Tue, 04 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just compiled the last snapshot (01.01.00),
> the internal debugger seems to be broken,
> every program-type I tested exits with code 1 before actualy starting up.
> My stupidity?
> Something special to do?
>
> I tried to take a look inside the code (well documented !!), but I´m still
> clueless.

Hi Thomas,

Hmmm, the internal debugger should work - I'd be interested to track this down,
as I've not had problems like this. There should be nothing special to do.

However, since that snapshot, I've done some pretty heavy work on it. Could you
get the latest version from cvs (as of 5 minutes ago), and see if the problem
persists. If it does, then we can start from there, rather that where you're
currently at, as your system is now too old to reliably determine what's going
wrong :-)

Is this the first time you've tried this on your system or have previous
versions of the internal debugger worked?

You can get the new code from cvs via the cvsup program using the following
cvsup file.

*default host=cvsup.kde.org
*default base=/home/kde1/kde-src/kde
*default prefix=/home/kde1/kde-src/kde
*default release=cvs
*default compress
*default delete
*default tag=KDEVELOP_1_0
*default use-rel-suffix
kdevelop

(change the directories to where you want the files of course)

This is much preferrable to getting the snapshots.

I've a fair bit to do on this in the coming few weeks, so check back every few
days for the new code :-)

All reports (bugs or suggestions) will be most welcome.

--
Regards,

jbb
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb