SUGGESTION: Change project file format to XML

Gordon Tyler gtyler at iafrica.com
Mon Feb 28 16:19:11 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Sven Bergner <bergner at Fh-Worms.DE>

> AFAIK is the .kdevprj-file created an mantained using the kde-methods
> getconfig and setconfig(or something like that) and these methods write
> the configuration to a plain ascii-file.

I thought it might be doing something like that. Unfortunately, I can't
really make any constructive suggestions about how (not) easy it would be to
change it to use an XML library, not having used any of these libraries.
Perhaps I'll make that my next mini-project... Hrm....

I'll investigate the various XML libraries available and come back to you
with a summary of what's good.

I'll also have a look at KDevelop's project file structure and it's project
class to see how things are done.

Are subdirectories with sub-projects (i.e. libraries) handled by KDevelop
currently? I know I couldn't get it to work a couple of months ago...

Ciao,
Gordon