BUGREPORT: 1.1final - Project Build warning

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Mon Feb 28 15:09:47 GMT 2000

Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> "W. Tasin" wrote:
> >
> > this isn't a bug... it's a new feature!! :-)
> :-) But I suppose it's not if there are _NO_ changed files...
>
> > I think there has changed a "source" file (or something which is
> > considered as source) of your project... but maybe I'm wrong??! (Can I
> > have a look at your project or is it secret? ;-))
> OK, just use the QextMDI package
> (www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi.htm) as example for this problem of
> KDevelop (a little advertising as well ;-)
> There is a $(QEXTMDIDIR)/qextmdi.kdevprj file. The project uses an
> external $(QEXTMDIDIR)/qextmdi/Makefile made by tmake. Tmake generates
> that Makefile from $(QEXTMDIDIR)/qextmdi/qextmdi.pro.
> If you press "Execute" in KDevelop, it will attempt to start
> $(QEXTMDIDIR)/examples/mdiframework/mdiframework/mdiframework.
> mdiframework is an example application of QextMDI that can be started as
> test application (proxy) because QextMDI itself is a library.
>
> BTW: Of course, that test app "mdiframework" has to be built as well
> using $(QEXTMDIDIR)/examples/mdiframework/mdiframework.kdevprj.
>
> I hope this is not too complicated...

Sounds really complicated... but I will do my best...
maybe you can also try to examine the problem...
the algorithm of declaring a project as dirty is the following:
check if the binary exists... if not declare it as dirty
check if any Makefile.am has changed (this should occur only if you
remove/add a file from a project except for custom projects)
get all project files (except those of project file type DATA and
KDEV_DIALOG):
check if the date of these files are younger than the binary... so
declare the project as
"dirty"

I will also have a look for it.

> > You can change the behaviour by using "Project Options/Make Options" and
> > selecting
> > "Always rebuild" on "rebuild behaviour on run/debug" then your custom
> > project will be always builded without warning.
> OK, a workaround.

I think the algorithm is ok... but let me know if I'm wrong...

> --
>
> Ciao,
> --Falk

> http://im.yahoo.com

Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)