BUGREPORT: 1.1final - Project Build warning

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Mon Feb 28 18:18:59 GMT 2000

Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> "W. Tasin" wrote:
> >
> > this isn't a bug... it's a new feature!! :-)
> :-) But I suppose it's not if there are _NO_ changed files...

:-)
Now I suppose it is a problem of your special way to handle your
project...

I tried to follow your example...
and I think I´ve done it in the right way... *phew*

Your proxy application will not be compiled if you change something of
your library!!
So mdiframework is always older than the modified library.

I think AFAIK from project management, if you would change something of
qtextmdi _you have to_
rebuild also the mdiframework and the other examples.
Consider this: you will add or remove a method, so in your case you have
switch to the mdiframework.kdevprj and then reswitch to
qextmdi.kdevprj... but this isn't the right way in my eyes.

The ad hoc solution is to switch the project parts (one example as the
main project and inside the creation of the shared lib)... on install it
should only install the library (I think this would be possible, but
never tried)

Or in your cae you should really use the so called "workaround" ;-)

Let me know if I am wrong...
Ciao

Walter