BUGREPORT: 1.1final - Project Build warning

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 14:45:28 GMT 2000

"W. Tasin" wrote:

> this isn't a bug... it's a new feature!! :-)
:-) But I suppose it's not if there are _NO_ changed files...

> I think there has changed a "source" file (or something which is
> considered as source) of your project... but maybe I'm wrong??! (Can I
> have a look at your project or is it secret? ;-))
OK, just use the QextMDI package
(www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi.htm) as example for this problem of
KDevelop (a little advertising as well ;-)
There is a $(QEXTMDIDIR)/qextmdi.kdevprj file. The project uses an
external $(QEXTMDIDIR)/qextmdi/Makefile made by tmake. Tmake generates
that Makefile from $(QEXTMDIDIR)/qextmdi/qextmdi.pro.
If you press "Execute" in KDevelop, it will attempt to start
$(QEXTMDIDIR)/examples/mdiframework/mdiframework/mdiframework.
mdiframework is an example application of QextMDI that can be started as
test application (proxy) because QextMDI itself is a library.

BTW: Of course, that test app "mdiframework" has to be built as well
using $(QEXTMDIDIR)/examples/mdiframework/mdiframework.kdevprj.

I hope this is not too complicated...

> You can change the behaviour by using "Project Options/Make Options" and
> selecting
> "Always rebuild" on "rebuild behaviour on run/debug" then your custom
> project will be always builded without warning.
OK, a workaround.

--

Ciao,
--Falk