[Slightly OT] Q about configuration and revision management

Christopher Molnar molnarc at nebsllc.com
Thu Feb 10 18:17:52 GMT 2000

Quoting Stefan Mars <mars at lysator.liu.se>:

> Historically CVS is often used as a version
management tool, but as far as
> I am concerned it isn\'t doing a really good job. Sure
it works, but it is
> a pain in the --- to set up and maintain a repository
when you have a lot
> of users that should have different rights. Even with
some of the
> available GUIs it\'s only slightly better.

Alternatives are always good. Just be careful that you
do not create something so different it can not
interact with cvs. If you do then you have created \"MSS
- Source Safe) which as far as I\'m concerned has some
really good features, but is so \"microsofted\" it will
not work with anything else.

Just make sure that someone could still update from and
to a cvs base on a server.

Just my opinion.