qt libraires: fixed. g++ broken

Bjoern Krombholz bjkro at gmx.de
Wed Apr 19 23:38:01 BST 2000

Luis De la Parra Blum wrote:

> $ldconfig -v|grep
> gave some errors of non-existing directories that were in ld.so.conf (that's
> how suse shipped, I hadn't touched anything there), and I got this:
> libqt.so.1=> libqt.so.1.33

There's no qt-1.33 on any of SuSE's distribution cd's since 6.0, so maybe
you just installed it over an existing distribution?

> checking for Qt... libraries /usr/bin/qt/lib, headers /usr/lib/qt/include
                                   ^^^^^
It can't be found in /usr/bin/* - there has to be /usr/lib/qt/lib.
Don't know how this could happen :-/
IS your $QTDIR set?
Check it with:
echo "$QTDIR"
Has to be /usr/lib/qt, otherwise edit your /etc/profile
SuSE ships it with entries similiar to these (for QT):

<-----------cut from /etc/profile----------------->
# something for QT
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
if [ $MANPATH ]
then
        MANPATH=$QTDIR/man:$MANPATH
else
        MANPATH=$QTDIR/man
fi
if [ $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ]
then
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
else
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib
fi

LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
if [ $CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH ]
then
        CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=$QTDIR/include:$CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
else
        CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=$QTDIR/include
fi

export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH LIBRARY_PATH
export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
<--------------end cut---------------->

> so it seems like g++ is actually NOT working, and it has nothing to do with
> kdevelop.

You need the pakages:
egcs (or gccfront - _never_ both together!!!)
gcc
gpp
gppshare
libgpp

and everything depending on these and:

qtlib
qtlibdev
qtext
(qtcompat)
(not together with qtdevel2 !!!)

for QT.

> I just installed everything from the suse 6.3 cd, so, does that mean that suse
> is shipping a broken package?

No - not in this way - seems that you have broken your system ;)

It's often not the best thing installing _all_ packages, because some of
them exclude each other and then won't work in the way they should.

Bye
Bjoern